Human Resources Generalist – Payroll & HRIS
(Permanent full-time, 35 hours/week)
(Non-Bargaining Unit Position)
YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
We welcome applications from candidates who reflect the communities we serve, particularly candidates from Black communities, Indigenous communities, and racialized people, persons with disabilities, members of diverse gender identities and people with lived experiences. We are seeking candidates who demonstrably operate and practice from an equity and trauma-informed lens. We encourage applications from passionate professionals who will help us dismantle systemic barriers and will embrace working outside of Euro-centric practices.
YouthLink Benefits are Top of Class!
- Competitive pay
- Health & dental coverage for you and your family with 100% premium cost paid by employer.
- Annual vacation with pay at 1.66 working days for each calendar month to a maximum of 20 working days per year.
- 5 ‘authorized absence’ days for family illness or emergency circumstances that prohibit employees from reporting to work.
- 3 paid agency days every calendar year after 3 calendar months’ service.
- Maternity / parental /adoption leave top-up payments (to top-up Canadian government unemployment benefit payments).
- 100% premium cost for long-term disability coverage paid by employee.
- Eligibility to participate in pension plan after 2 years of continuous service with generous matching contribution from employer.
The Human Resources Generalist (Payroll & HRIS) is responsible for full-cycle payroll activities; HRIS activities and process improvements at YouthLink. This position requires a tech-savvy generalist, interested in building on the current HRIS systems at YouthLink in order to achieve streamline processes.
The Human Resources Generalist (Payroll & HRIS) will assist in the provision of an advisory and consultancy service to management and staff on a range of pay roll matters.
Highlights of Your Role
Payroll Processing and Management:
- Complete payroll related transactions ensuring data accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with legislation and company policies.
- Responsible for supporting and processing the Time Tracking of variable hours (overtime, on call, premiums, shifts, etc.).
- Identify and collect the required information and forms to support the day-to-day delivery of transactions and services, such as new hires, status change forms, terminations, leaves, pension and benefits entitlements, maternity and parental leaves, ROE’s, and other employee payments.
- Run biweekly payroll/audit reports prior to pay close.
- Deal with emerging analytical, investigative work, follow-up, and resolution for outstanding payroll issues, and bringing issues to resolution e.g., employee pay issues, pay report errors, new or amendment of queries as required.
- Processing of all non-regular payroll items such as involuntary terminations, government initiatives (e.g., Temporary Pandemic Pay).
- Lead the payroll retroactive process as it relates to the arbitration of the collective agreements ensuring the addition of the information rows and validation of the retroactive calculation provided are accurate.
HRIS Management and Improvement:
- Lead and /or participate with other team members and HR colleagues for Payroll & HRIS Continuous Improvement initiatives and projects
- Working with Human Resources to lead/ coordinate the internal education of staff for timekeeping and other payroll critical items.
- Develop and document a payroll processing guide.
- Provide input and suggestions on process improvements as it relates to the use of the queries and investigations in the pay run process.
- Distribute pay statements and ROE’s to terminated/employees on leave and year-end tax forms (T4 and T4A).
- Lead and primary support for the Year End Reconciliation and Tax Filing Process in conjunction with Finance.
- Preparation and payment of all CRA, EHT and WSIB accounts and related reconciliations. Monthly reconciliation of these account payments to government statements.
- Coordination and depositing of all overpayments. Processing year end adjustments as it relates to T4 totals.
- Responsible for handling sensitive labour relations documentation.
- Any other duties as required.
Equity, Diversity and Belonging:
- Proactively and enthusiastically stays updated on best practices as it relates Equity, Diversity and Belonging and organizational development.
- Works collaboratively with ABR Committee and Director of Anti-Racism, Equity and Belonging to embed best practices into all programs, operational goals and processes.
Supports Organization’s Strategy:
- Actively contributes to the organization’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall plan.
Highlights of What You Bring
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree program in related field i.e., Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPM designation preferred, and PCP designation a must.
- Coursework that demonstrates your desire for continual learning in Equity, Diversity and Belonging practices.
- Minimum 3 years experience payroll processing experience required
- Understanding of end-to-end payroll is required
- Demonstrated experience with HRIS is required; ADP WorkForceNow is a strong asset
- Demonstrated experience with process and systems improvements is required
- Knowledge of the Scarborough community a strong asset
- Understanding of union and non-union work environments, along with relevant payroll administration for collective agreements.
- Familiarity with Service Canada and Canadian Payroll Association standards.
- Working knowledge of Ontario Employment Standards Act, Canada Revenue Agency, WSIB and other pertinent legislation.
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality principles, policies, and legislation.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time and multi-task within the confines of multiple deadlines.
- Experience in conflict and issues resolution; preferably of a pay-related nature
- Understanding of continuous improvement processes and methodology; participation in previous continuous improvement initiatives is an asset
- General knowledge of project methodology and previous participation in project work is an asset.
- Demonstrated skill in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion practices, and specifically using an Anti-Black Racism lens.
Other requirement: Full COVID-19 vaccination and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
Salary Range: $46,298 to $52,450
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/JD-HR-Generalist-Payroll-HRIS-2022.pdf
How to Apply
- Submit application to email@example.com –Please quote posting #1302 in the subject line.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Deadline: Open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit youthlink.ca.