Accelerate Careers, Break Barriers, Cultivate Networks
Would you or someone you know like to contribute to the advancement and support of Black Human Resources Professionals across Canada? If so, share this posting with family and friends or apply directly to this inaugural job opportunity with the Black HR Professionals of Canada.
About the Black Human Resources Professionals of Canada (BlackHRPC) www.blackhrpc.org
Black Human Resources Professionals of Canada Inc. (BlackHRPC) is an incorporated volunteer-based not-for-profit organization. We accelerate careers, break barriers, and cultivate networks for our members. We enable career advancement and representation of Black HR professionals and students. As a Black-led, Black-focused and Black-serving professional association founded in June 2020 and incorporated in August 2020, we provide our membership with several benefits. We directly support HR Professionals across Canada who identify as black through networking opportunities, learning events, mentorship, career support, mental health and well-being support, volunteer opportunities, career opportunities through our job board portal, our “Ask the Expert” advisory discussion board, and scholarships for Black HR students.
As the Program Manager you will report to the volunteer Executive Director and will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and measuring new and existing programs and services. This role supports the day-to-day administrative operations of BlackHRPC and also designs and facilitates programs that align with the organization’s strategic objectives to serve the Black community. In addition to organizational goals, this role will write grants, create and maintain accurate operational budgets, manage volunteers, develop learning curriculum for virtual learning programs as well as administer data entry and activities for approved grant initiatives while building and maintaining harmonious partnership with the Board and key stakeholders including members, funders and partners.
What will I do in this role?
- Operationalize the vision and mission of BlackHRPC. As the sole employee of a volunteer-led organization, this role is responsible for all administrative matters related to day-to-day operations including planning, developing, implementing, and measurement of services and programs including volunteer management.
- Oversee program budgets and directly managing budget lines as designated by the volunteer executive director and treasurer.
- Oversee all aspects of funded contract management and complies with funder reporting requirements including deliverables, and timelines.
- Recruit, supervise, delegate tasks to and manage a group of volunteers, work-experience and placement students to support program delivery and operations management/
- Coordinate and design quality programs and services using an anti-Black racism that are aligned with the funder expectations and the mission and goals of the organization. Create and facilitate activities in compliance with stakeholder needs while reducing risk. Plan all logistics for workshops and meetings.
- Develop a Black HR scholarship community program with volunteers. Establish perpetual funders.
Build virtual learning curricula to facilitate a “Inclusive Recruitment” program using an Anti Black Racism lens. This also includes program planning, promotion, and outreach.
- Write grants and funding proposals to support new and existing programs to ensure uninterrupted delivery of services. Develop project plans with budgets for programs and services as well as create evaluation methods to assess strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Create plans to grow BlackHRPC’s membership and membership engagement. Use branding, communications, and public relations to attract and retain new funders, members, partners, volunteers, guest speakers, consultants and participants. Build and maintain collaborative partnerships and quality relationships. Liaise with the marketing consultants to increase organization awareness.
- Collect, analyze and report on program data and risks. Ensure all activities and reports comply with funder requirements. Create and deliver project monthly status reports to the Executive Director describing project activities, progress towards targets, issues, and risks. Draft monthly Board agenda and reports. Attend and take minutes at Board meetings as requested.
- Provide website and social media support. Ensure a timely response to customer inquiries and emails.
- Other duties as assigned.
What experiences will be useful for success in this role
(Apply if you feel you would be great in this role, but don’t have everything on our wish list! We still want to hear from you!)
- Post-secondary education completed in business, HR, community development, public policy, public relations or a related field or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience building and coordinating programs for and within the Black community is essential. Displays passion for service to the Black community and is motivated to help grow BlackHRPC.
- Demonstrated experience in program management or project management. Solid research, writing, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. Outstanding interpersonal skills and professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector is required including minimum 3-4 years of solid project/program coordination, nonprofit program delivery or program administration experience.
Understanding of grant writing best practices coupled with strong writing, and research capabilities to write compelling/persuasive grant applications.
- Displays proficiency with Google suite and Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and webmail
Hours of Work: This is a full-time contract position for approximately 1 year and is paid 35 hours per week. Some occasional evening and weekend hours are required for events, programs, and Board meetings.
Salary: $60,000 to $65,000 per year
Perks and Rewards
- A culture that promotes the opportunity to expand your career portfolio and work experience while providing meaningful work directly supporting the advancement of the Black community.
- Flexible work hours.
- Hybrid work with the opportunity to work mainly remotely from the employee’s home office in Ontario. This role requires the candidate to attend occasional in-person meetings and events in Ontario.
How to Apply: We can’t wait to hear all about you! Email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity: BlackHRPC is committed to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism. BlackHRPC strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Accessibility: BlackHRPC provides accommodation in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Contact Executive Director to seek accommodation email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.