Website City of Brampton
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT, HR CLIENT SERVICES
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Support Services
POSTING NUMBER: 104834
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Temporary 12-months
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: The City of Brampton has implemented a gradual reintegration of staff into the workplace. Beginning on April 4, 2022, onsite work location of two (2) days a week will commence. Beginning on July 4, 2022, this will increase to three (3) days a week. There will be continued opportunities for hybrid work from September 2022 onwards, and we’ll continue to evaluate to determine which hybrid model works best. Once working onsite, you will report to the location of City Hall.
SALARY GRADE: 2
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $56,043.00 – $63,049.00 per annum
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $70,054.00 per annum
JOB TYPE: Management and Administration
POSTING DATE: June 8, 2022
CLOSING DATE: June 21, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Employee and Labour Relations, this position is responsible to provide administrative support and confidential services to maintain efficient operations of the section or division. The primary function of this role is responsible for the daily administration and data entry of employee transactions in PeopleSoft HRMS and ensures system data integrity. Exercise judgement to resolve matters which may be political and sensitive in nature. Liaise with management to ensure compliance with corporate and operational service standards and policies. This role is self-directed and will require occasional direction from HRBPs and Associates.
· Provide administrative support to a sectional or divisional team of professionals; including preparation, review, processing and distribution of correspondence, presentations and reports.
· Provide administrative assistance in support of business initiatives, programs, processes and projects.
· Develop and implement new tools and methods for the continual improvement and efficiency of practices and processes.
· Monitor, maintain and processes sectional or divisional financial and budgetary records, reports and transactions.
· Ensure all correspondence and scheduling requests are prioritized and urgent matters and conflicts are addressed.
· Book and arrange meetings, conferences, event attendance, resources, travel arrangements and amenities.
· Respond and handle customer enquiries; prioritize requests and escalate for resolution as required to ensure timely response.
· Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to support sectional and divisional business objectives and liaison with external stakeholders
· Knowledge of collective agreements, Corporate policies and practices, legislation, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Provide internal and external customer service by processing and responding to a variety of inquiries and service requests; while adhering to corporate policies and practices/ standards.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
· Research and assist with the preparation of policies, procedures and reports.
· Monitor and update data entry/database and web based records to support time sensitive reporting.
EMPLOYEE SYSTEM DATA ENTRY
· Receives Employee Data Change forms from operational departments, ensures accuracy, follows up to correct any discrepancies and forwards to Payroll in a timely manner.
· Enters Employee data transactions in HRMS with new/changed information as recorded on approved Employee Change Forms in a timely manner.
· Required to work within stringent data entry timelines to ensure compliance with Payroll processing deadlines.
· Executes Employee based mass updates for standard operational transactions.
· Liaises with Payroll staff to resolve any issues or discrepancies relating to employee data.
· Navigates through HRMS to confirm or clarify employment data/research employment history.
· Creates standard operating procedures and training documentation as it pertains to Employee data entry.
· Conducts data audit of data entry into HRMS system related to employee salary, job and benefit changes.
· Ensure that system standards and operating procedures are followed and that error rates are minimized.
· Analysing monthly data integrity reports to ensure accuracy and consistency/standards of tracking employee data.
· Responsible for running data integrity reports and queries in HRMS system.
· Participates in HRMS Projects by assisting with business requirements gathering, providing suggestions, completing testing and preparing training materials.
· Maintain confidentiality based on the requirement to access, review, maintain and distribute sensitive sectional or divisional and organizational communication, materials and records.
· Provide documentation support for disciplinary, grievance and performance matters.
· Post-secondary Certificate in Office Administration or equivalent experience; Certificate in Human Resources is an asset.
· One to two years experience providing administrative support; working in Human Resources is an asset.
· HRIS Data entry experience preferred. HRIS/PeopleSoft Human Capital Management experience an asset. Experience with payroll processing considered an asset.
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
· Working knowledge of relevant legislation (ESA, Human Rights, etc.); superior problem solving and analytical skills, computer skills; detail oriented; able to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations; exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills; administrative, time management and priority setting skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to work independently and as a part of a team.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #104834 by June 21, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact TalentAcquisition@brampton.ca or 905.874.2150 with your accommodation needs, quoting the job opening ID#, job title. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit www.brampton.ca.