Hope and Homes for All!
Our client Indwell believes in hope and homes for all. They believe they have solutions to ending homelessness.
In the role of Director of People and Culture at Indwell, you will part of a thriving executive team to live into this calling of meeting the needs of the homeless and marginalized.
Are you interested in these things? Do you want to use your excellence in HR management to lead a fast-growing team of committed individuals? If so, you are invited to be part of this exciting growth as our client continues to transform lives. The ideal candidate has solid leadership experience in HR in a collaborative, dynamic environment – and is driven to making a real difference in the world.
Indwell is a Christian charity creating affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. This is an organization that follows Jesus’ example of care and compassion for the marginalized. They are the fastest growing supportive affordable housing provider in Ontario. The organization has expanded to provide housing and support services to more than 800 plus people in southern Ontario. Indwell creates new affordable housing and provides healthcare supports to people living in our communities. These supports range from enhanced supports helping people to transition from institutions or homeless into housing to supporting people who are living more independently and well on their journey towards reaching their goals. You will be part of this talented staff team working in a culture that not only seeks to transform lives but encourages innovation and personal growth.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of People and Culture provides leadership in all areas of HR. He/she develops the strategies to achieve the HR and people development goals, provides HR guidance to the organization, and ensures compliance with relevant policies and procedures, government legislation and best practices in HR management. As a key member of the senior management team, the Director of People and Culture is responsible for leading a skilled team of five direct reports, and for upholding the organizations Vision, Mission and Values. One of our clients four themes of their current strategic plan, called Grow Well, is Thriving Staff. As the champion of this theme, the Director of People and Culture’s key responsibilities are:
• Maintain and strengthen the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and HR policies, programs, and practices.
• Support and contribute to the strategic plan.
• Serve as the thought partner with the management team for any HR matters as required.
• Oversee all facets of Human Resources.
• Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conduct investigations and maintain records as required.
• Promote and demonstrate the vision, mission and values of Indwell within the workplace and the community.
• Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith and other operating standards and policies
• A philosophy of service that is in line with the Vision, Mission and Values
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate and interact in a positive and respectful way with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff teams; a passion for personal growth
• Proven leadership and supervisory experience; exceptional interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to be visionary, and to make both strategic and tactical decisions in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to create a positive work environment and facilitate a culture of collaboration, respect and growth
• Able to deal professionally and discreetly with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
• Flexible and creative problem solver; able to respond to changing priorities and deadlines
Must hold a valid G class driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in a related field;
• A minimum of five years’ experience managing an HR team, preferably in the non-profit/charitable sector
• A sound knowledge of employment related legislation, including but not limited to Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
• Professional designation (CHRP or CHRL) preferred
• Extensive experience in many aspects of HR practice and strategy; strengths in compensation, employee relations, and managing growth/change are preferred
• Computer proficiency in MS Office 365; and experience with HR systems, resources and tools used for HR management
Hours: Full time hours with flexibility required. Opportunity to work 2 to 3 days remote. Primarily weekdays.
Application – Hire Results Ltd is the exclusive firm working with Indwell to assist in identifying qualified candidates for the role. All correspondence and contact is to be directed through the email listed below. All inquires and submissions must go through Hire Results Ltd – email at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.