At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to becoming Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we’re proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
The HR Partnership unit is a team of human resources experts and innovators who contribute to the achievement of Ryerson University’s strategic priorities. We partner with our clients to create and deliver outstanding practical and strategic human resource solutions, programs and services that enhance workplace culture, engagement and inclusion. You can find out more about our people’s first philosophy and values by reading about who we are and what we do online.
The Senior Human Resources Partner is a goal oriented, collaborative, trusted professional who provides strategic HR support to leaders to further Ryerson’s academic mission and organizational goals.
As the successful candidate, you will apply an intersectional and inclusive approach to supporting leaders, by:
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with stakeholders, including leaders and union representatives in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment with multiple competing interests
- Developing a deep understanding of client operations to effectively influence decision making as it pertains to HR matters including workforce planning, change management and organizational design
- Monitoring trends and diagnosing issues and developing early resolution solutions and strategies to resolve identified and anticipated HR issues and providing proactive and strategic HR solutions
- Handling highly sensitive and confidential employee/labour relations issues arising within a designated client group, including conflict resolution, workplace investigations, grievances, arbitrations, workplace conflict, discipline and performance matters
- Driving the implementation of HR wide processes, policies, and initiatives by working collaboratively with HR colleagues to continuously improve HR service delivery, by generating insights on improvement opportunities and sharing internal and external leading practice
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Business (HR), Industrial Relations, Public Administration or Social Sciences.
- 7+ years’ experience in a large, unionized organization. Preference is given to experience in academic, public sector or para-public sector organizations.
- Skilled relationship builder with a demonstrated ability to partner with multiple leaders, providing effective guidance and challenge where appropriate
- Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex issues
Skilled at leading organizations through change, with experience with organization design principles and approaches
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and strong project plans, tools and resources.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing schedules and priorities.
- Proven ability to incorporate and model an equitable, diverse and inclusive approach into all aspects of the role
**Please note that there are two positions available – one full time role and one 12 month term position. **
Reports to: Manager, HR Strategic Partnerships
Employee Group: MAC
Hours of work: 36.25
Salary Scale: $82,108 – $131,160 (hiring range: $82,108 – $106,634)
HR Contact: Renee Gordon, HR Consulting Advisor
Posting date: April 8, 2022
Closing date: April 22, 2022
Qualified MAC employees will be interviewed before members of other employee groups.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications and also reach out to Tracey King, Indigenous Human Resources Lead for support during the selection process.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
Applications will only be accepted online through Ryerson’s careersite.
Ryerson University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and aims to ensure that independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of the university culture.
We will provide an accessible experience for applicants, students, employees, and members of the Ryerson community. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please reach out to: email@example.com. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.