Website Seneca College
We are proud to be building the equitable Seneca, and welcome applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of lived experiences, perspectives and approaches. Joining Seneca means being part of an inclusive community working hard to dismantle barriers to access, student success and employee potential. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Specialist supports all full-cycle Talent Acquisition, proactively sources talent, and builds continuous improvement into all Talent Acquisition practices.
Planning and Strategy
· Plans effective and inclusive Talent Acquisition strategies and provides support throughout the recruitment process.
· Builds relationships with hiring managers to develop trust through planning, organization, follow-through, and accountability.
· Uses an inclusive lens to develop solutions to attract diverse talent to the organization.
· Uses sourcing to attract candidates for difficult to fill roles, develops leads and reaches out to passive candidates.
· Develops and maintains a pipeline of candidates for immediate and potential future hires.
Legislative, Collective Agreement and Policy Compliance
· Ensures compliance with employment legislation, collective agreements, and Seneca’s policies.
Managing Job Competitions
· Manages the full recruitment cycle including: posting jobs, phone screens, interviews, candidate management and negotiations and offers.
· Completed three (3) year diploma/degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline.
· CHRL (Certified Human Resource Leader) designation considered an asset.
· Five (5) years of full-cycle Talent Acquisition and proactive candidate sourcing experience.
· Previous experience working within a unionized environment is considered an asset.
· Demonstrated commitment to using equitable and inclusive hiring practices and developing diverse outreach strategies.
· Expert knowledge of employment principles is required to interpret and work within the Legal framework of employment legislation.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as a client-centric approach, are essential for success in this role.
· Proficiency in the use of LinkedIn recruitment tools and processes and Applicant Tracking Systems.
· A skills assessment may be administered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.