June 3, 2022 Posting #1273
YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
YouthLink Benefits are Top of Class!
· Competitive pay
· Health & dental coverage for you and your family with 100% premium cost paid by employer.
· Annual vacation with pay at 1.66 working days for each calendar month to a maximum of 20 working days per year.
· 5 ‘authorized absence’ days for family illness or emergency circumstances that prohibit employees from reporting to work.
· 3 paid agency days every calendar year after 3 calendar months service.
· Maternity / parental /adoption leave top-up payments (to top-up Canadian government unemployment benefit payments).
· 100% premium cost for long-term disability coverage paid by employee.
· Eligibility to participate in pension plan after 2 years of continuous service with generous matching contribution from employer.
Manager, Clinical Services
(Permanent Full-time, 35 hours/week)
The position is responsible for the training, scheduling and supervision of clinical and administrative staff; WUWI Clinical Counsellors, Walk-in & Intake Worker(s) when performing WUWI registration, Targeted Prevention Facilitator, Receptionist(s) and Masters Level Student Placements. Additional responsibilities include development, evaluation and standardization of WUWI single session services, Triple P Parenting Group and FAST Program; overseeing efficient, high quality therapeutic interventions with clients, including crisis management, and recommending program improvements aligned with client needs, service, accreditation standards and the WUWI Network.
Highlights of Your Role
Manages, schedules and provides job assignments to a group of clinical and administrative employees; ensures appropriate training and performance; supervises employees’ client interactions, case management, direct client contact and provides clinical direction. Intervenes with serious client issues when required.
Establishes service priorities to meet YouthLink’s strategic direction and community needs; identifies short and long-term goals, service plans; completes service and program reports; creates evaluations and evaluates programs; contributes to the improvement of service delivery.
Completes staff attendance, provides administrative and clinical supervision to direct reports. Creates succession planning opportunities where appropriate. Monitors program budgets, expenditures and reports, specific to services overseen.
Manages electronic data, supports EMHware, Zoom, TEAMS, Sharepoint, Sharefile, Right Signature, and any other platform the agency adopts; overseeing training, certifications and compiling statistics for each program area.
Facilitates space for regular development and review of service plans. Approves and debriefs incident reports, serious occurrence reports and requested walk in reports. Evaluates both audited and unaudited client files.
Collaborates with WUWI Community of Practice to deliver standardized services across the network.
Supports Organization’s Strategy:
Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall Plan.
Takes all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect his or her own health and safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices established by YouthLink.
Accepts responsibility for any other duties assigned.
Highlights of What You Bring
· Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, Mental Health, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology, Social Work or other related discipline.
· Full member in good standing with a relevant governing body.
· Training in individual psychotherapy and family therapy approaches/interventions and evaluation; trauma informed practice and intervention skills; adolescent development.
· Training in trauma assessment, trauma treatment and standard assessments an asset.
· Minimum of 30 credit hours of coursework in Clinical Supervision, recognized by CRPO, CAMFT or other governing body as a Clinical Supervisor is preferred.
· Significant professional development in clinical and management competencies is preferred.
· Five (5) years clinical counselling experience.
· Equivalent of 1 year clinical supervision/management experience, preferably in a non-profit unionized environment or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
· Experience with case management, crisis intervention and group facilitation.
· Experience evaluating services and programs and providing creative improvements.
· Solid understanding of strength based, client directed services and brief intervention.
· Knowledge of mental health, employment and support services for youth and families.
· Knowledge of processes expected by child welfare, family service act, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Community and Social Services.
· Experience providing support to families and youth who have involvement with the youth justice system.
· Familiarity and experience operating from an Anti-Black Racism lens.
· Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
· Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 is required.
This position requires a minimum of one evening per week and occasional weekends.
This position is required to participate in the agencies 7 day on-call rotation.
Minimal travelling required.
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Manager-Clinical-Services-JD-March-2022.pdf
How to Apply
· Submit application to email@example.com – Please quote posting #1273 in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Position open until filled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.