May 13, 2022 Posting # 1268
YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
Human Resources Summer Student
(FEE FOR SERVICE Contract: As soon as available – September 2nd, 2022)
(Up to 35 hours per week)
As the Human Resources Summer Student, you will be responsible for range of administrative duties supporting the Human Resources department at YouthLink. Reporting to the Manager, People and Culture, duties consist of maintaining accurate, up-to-date, and complete employee records, reports, supporting with health and safety training, recruiting, and other HR programs
Highlights of Your Role
Maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete employee records and recruitment files and ensure confidentiality with files
Monitor human resources related documentation to ensure accuracy, consistency, and relevance to business processes
Eliminate unnecessary or outdated materials, destroying them or transferring them to inactive storage according to file maintenance and legislative requirements
Transition employee data to electronic format and organize
Organize physical and online HR records in shared folders
Prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence such as letters, invoices, presentations, publications, and reports
Support with creation of job postings, resume screening, and interviewing
Other duties and special projects as may be assigned
Supports Organization’s Strategy:
Actively contributes to the organization’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall plan.
Highlights of What You Bring
Completion of High School
Current enrolment in a post-secondary program with a specialization in Human Resources Management would be a strong asset.
· Previous administrative experience would be a strong asset.
· Demonstrated knowledge of privacy standards and the ability to manage confidential information.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a wide range of stakeholders including staff of all levels, partners and government program representatives.
· Demonstrated desire for continual learning in Equity, Diversity and Belonging practices.
Strong computer skills.
Ability to organize and mobilize large amounts of data and information.
· Excellent leadership, administrative and communication skills (verbal and written).
· Demonstrated skill in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion practices, and specifically using an Anti-Black Racism lens.
· Exceptional judgement; ability to analyze information quickly in order to prioritize and communicate emerging issues.
· Full COVID-19 vaccination and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
Hourly rate of pay:
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/JD-HR-Summer-Student-1.pdf
How to Apply
· Submit application to email@example.com – Please quote posting #1268 in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Position posted until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.