Become a Volunteer
Volunteer for BlackHRPC and make a difference!
As a not-for-profit organization, volunteers are critical to our success. We are grateful for the generosity of all our volunteers – their assistance helps us to deliver our services efficiently.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Connect with other professionals.
- Expand your professional network.
- Collaborate, lead and sharpen your skills.
- Gain valuable career experience.
- Share expertise and ideas while hearing other perspectives.
- Give back and make an impact in your community.
Volunteer Committee Member Activities:
In their assigned areas, committee members will conduct the following services for BlackHRPC in collaboration with other volunteers:
- Advise, review and provide feedback on current and future activities
- Participate through monthly meetings in the development and implementation of appropriate plans and projects for the target community
- Provide input and action approved ideas on how the organization can grow and stay agile and responsive to feedback from the Black community and HR industry trends;
- Identify and develop learning and engagement opportunities for BlackHRPC, as determined by the Board and committees, that enable the organization’s journey to accelerate careers, break barriers, and cultivate networks.
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure the ongoing capture, retention and maintenance of organizational transfer of knowledge
- Develop a summary of recommendations and implement actions in line with strategy that is culturally informed.
Volunteer Committee Vice-Chair Activities:
In their assigned areas, the Vice-Chair will conduct the following services for BlackHRPC in collaboration with their Chair:
- Leading their assigned committee in consultation with the Chair or the Board.
- Recruit and retain committee members for their areas to serve a minimum six month term supporting BlackHRPC
- Onboard new committee members
- Coordinate, assign and review the activities of committee members, in consultation with the Chair or the Board
- Schedule bi-monthly meetings, in consultation with the Chair or the Board
- Ensure meeting notes are taken, distributed and shared with the Board through Chair.
- Ensure that all Committee members have an opportunity to respectfully collaborate and share their ideas.
- Ensure that activities and tasks are in support of BlackHRPC vision and service needs.
Volunteer Application Form
“BlackHRPC committees are currently full and we are no longer accepting volunteer applications at this time. Check back again later in the year!”